[Kolab-devel] New Horde web client finished

Chuck Dand chuckd at kooked.co.uk
Tue Jun 12 21:21:12 CEST 2007

Thomas Jarosch wrote:
> Hello Chuck,
>
> On Monday, 11. June 2007, Chuck Dand wrote:
>
>> Firstly sorry for not providing this information in my first message,
>> just didn't want to be wasting other people's time posting in the wrong
>> place.
>>
>> Am installing on a Gentoo 2007.0 test system, however not using the
>> Kolab Gentoo style install, just openpkg.
>>
>> After having downloaded the new obmtool.conf file along with the sources
>> from http://build.pardus.de/downloads/kolab-horde-tmp I ran obmtool. The
>> script runs and rebuilds certain things and installs the new items
>> however at the end it reports missing packages:
>>
>> MISSSRC: clamav-0.90.2-20070214_kolab
>> MISSPKG: gmp-4.1.4-2.5.0 clamav-0.90.2-20070413_kolab
>> MISSING: gmp-4.1.4-2.5.0 clamav-0.90.2-20070214_kolab
>>
>> I suspected this wasn't standard behaviour but forged one to see what
>> happened. Should this error be something worry about?
>>

> Guess Gunnar has to answer this one when he returns from his vacation.

Turned out this was due to a problem with the gmp package not being able
to be built on a 64bit platform. Although the gentoo install is x86
32bit gmp apparently gets confused. My solution was found at
http://wiki.kolab.org/index.php/Kolab2_Server_Troubleshooting_-_Compiling
however at the end of the instruction I was unsure if the kolab build
was complete so re-ran obmtool...possibly unnecesary though.

After this came another problem with clamav that the version of the ftp
server was not the same as listed in obmtool.conf...is this something
that has already been noted? Anyway changed the version in obmtool.conf
to one that was available on the ftp server and the build completed
succesfully.

>> Anyway, kolab installed and I can access the horde site but am unable to
>> login as the user that I created. I had hoped that I could find some
>> more information in a logfile but don't know where it is that I should
>> be looking.
>>

> What authentication method did you configure in horde?

This problem arose from imap not running properly and was not directly
related to horde. I had just built that kolab and then tried to build
horde without testing any other client first. Turned out no clients
could connect. This was in fact a result of the problem described here
http://wiki.kolab.org/index.php/Kolab2_Server_Troubleshooting_-_IMAP
though there is a spelling mistake at the end of the final command.

Now I have horde working with kolab and have managed to get some level
of success with synckolab, toltec and horde working with each other,
things aren't quite right but I guess that's nothing to do with this
discussion.

Cheers for your response.

Chuck Dand