[Kolab-devel] [issue1778] Wishlist: Kolab Funambol/SyncML Plugin Update

Jason Komar kolab-issues at intevation.de
Thu Jun 7 22:02:40 CEST 2007

New submission from Jason Komar <jkomar at jbox.ca>:

There was a Sourceforge.net project (seems to be quite inactive at the moment)
called kolabsyncml located here: http://sourceforge.net/projects/kolabsyncml

It was a sync4j (now Funambol) plugin for kolab to allow for syncing to mobile
phones/devices through a SyncML or Funambol server.

I would love to see this plugin updated for the current Funambol version or for
any SyncML compliant server. Since Funambol now supports push email, in
conjunction with Kolab it would provide an open source replacement for corporate
users using Blackberries, etc.

I am not a programmer, or I would jump in with both feet. If there's someone who
has some time, it might not take that much to update the existing kolabsyncml
plugin.

Funambol offers bounties for plugins, etc. so it may be worth someone's while.
Information on Funambol's code sniper program is here:
http://www.funambol.com/opensource/codesniperprogram.html

Some documentation on creating Funambol connectors can be found here:
http://blogs.nuxeo.com/sections/blogs/cedric_bosdonnat/2006_06_28_creating-new-funambol-connector

Thanks to anyone who might be willing to take this on. I think it would really
add value to the kolab project and would really appeal to many people as the use
of Blackberries and other email capable phones/devices is only increasing.

Jason

messages: 10780
nosy: jkomar
priority: wish
status: unread
title: Wishlist: Kolab Funambol/SyncML Plugin Update