[Kolab-devel] [issue1755] Openldap enhanced synchronisation for master and slave

Jørgen H. Fjeld kolab-issues at intevation.de
Sat Jun 2 03:25:16 CEST 2007

New submission from =?iso-8859-1?q?J=F8rgen_H=2E?= Fjeld <jhf at linpro.no>:

Kolab currently uses slurpd to synchronize the ldap slave with the ldap master.
The slurpd implementation is more error prove than it's successor, the syncrepl
implementation. Specifically. Slurpd requires the master to push to the slaves,
and it requires that they start from the same data. This requires one to stop
the master, slapcat from master, slapadd on slave, start master and slave.
With syncrepl this is automatically done, and there is no need for taking down
the master, nor any chance of inconsistency.
I have attached a patch that implements master/slave with syncrepl instead of
slurpd.
Syncrepl is officially the future method for master/slave support, and our
experience shows that it is more stable.
The patch implements syncrepl for both master and slave, which is entirely
unproblematic, and gives a more uniform configuration.

files: syncrepl.patch
messages: 10692
nosy: jhf
priority: feature
status: unread
title: Openldap enhanced synchronisation for master and slave