[Kolab-devel] enlargement of kolab ldap schema for asp service

Thomas Börnert tb at tbits.net
Wed Jul 25 01:05:34 CEST 2007

Hi Alain,

> > Basically your proposed features are centered around the usability of
> > the kolab-webadmin. Most features you suggested seem to be useful
> > indeed. What do envision as difficult though are any modifications to
> > the Kolab-Server-LDAP-Schema. I'm no LDAP-Expert but as far as I know
> > these Schemata should be as stable as possible. Once we start
> > introducing the preferences of external tools into the schema we will
> > have to modify it rather frequently.
>
> This is just adding fields.
> You can have a full range of fields named :
>
> kolabprefix-compagnyname-fieldname
>
> I compagny Intervation request to add the field Quotamax, you have just to
> create field (if prefix is Kolabplugin ): KolabpluginIntervationQuotamax

good idea, which id's should i use ? i don't want have collisions
with new kolab attibutes in the future.

> > This was my original proposal and I stil believe it make sense to
> > introduce something like that into the k=kolab object. I'm actually
> > more in favor of a general "kolabPrefs" attribute since it could be
> > used by just any external tool we want to modify so that it works
> > together with the Kolab-Server-LDAP database.
>
> This must be in user too, and one k=kolab object per domain.
> Also one tree per domain where developers could store their own object

i think there is only one k=kolab object at the moment.

for me it will be ok, if i can store my additional values to

1. to the kolabInetOrgPerson object of the domain maintainer for
1.1 uid-prefix
1.2 maximum accounts
1.3 default quota for each account

2. to the kolabGroupOfNames object of the domain for
2.1 quota per domain

Thomas

> Regards
>
> > Cheers,
> >
> > Gunnar
> >
> > --
> > ____ http://www.pardus.de _________________ http://gunnarwrobel.de _
> >
> >     >> Mail at ease - Rent a kolab groupware server at p at rdus <<
> >
> > p at rdus Kolab work is funded in part by KDAB and the Kolab Konsortium

Mit freundlichen Grüßen
Best regards

Thomas Börnert
Gesellschafter Geschäftsführer
Senior IT Consultant & Manager
BSI lizenzierter Auditor für ISO 27001

TBits.net GmbH, Seeweg 6, 73553 Alfdorf, Germany
phone: +49 (0)7172 18391-0, fax: +49 (0)7172 18391-99
Key fingerprint = 8602 2EF5 78FD 3C04 B148  2506 5D4F 6A49 E4E2 9D15