[Kolab-devel] enlargement of kolab ldap schema for asp service

Alain Spineux aspineux at gmail.com
Tue Jul 24 14:17:16 CEST 2007

On 7/24/07, Thomas Börnert <tb at tbits.net> wrote:
> Hi Bernhard,
>
> > can you summarize the whole proposal of adding these attributes again?
>
> we're using at the monent cyrus-imapd with the web-cyradm, which has
> many improvments for isp services.

I looked carefully the doc and the sources and didn't found any of this !
Except sieve functionality where Kolab is limited !

> i want to modify the webfrontend of kolab for isp usage.
> for example we're using pop3 accounts with the naming scheme
> pop-<customernumber>-<index>.
>
> 1. domain maintainers (create/modify)
>
> the customers should be able to administrate their domains with
> the domain maintainer
>
> 1.1 new field "UIDPrefix"
> for pop-<customernumer>
>
> 1.2 new field "Maximum Accounts"
> (maxiumum accounts that can the domain maintainer create)

Interesting feature.
But the security of this feature is not easy to implement. Maybe in kolabd

> 1.3 new field "Default Quota in MByte" for each account

Maybe add something like k=kolab per domain

> 1.4 new field "Quota for Domain in MBytes" for the hole domain

... for _all_ domain .. or better ... for the entire domain :-)
Cyrus doesn't have this feature ! (I don't thing so)
This must be done at filesystem level !

If you have more info please tell me

> 2. users menu (create/modify)
>
> 2.1 modify of the field UID
> the UID-Prefix (1.1) will be used.
>
> 2.2 modify "User Quota in MBytes".
> this field cannot be modified if a quota is defined in the domain
> maintainer menu.

or maybe can be less then the one in domain menu.
Or have a default value and max value.
The mailbox is initialized at the default value and can never be set
over the max one.

> 3 users summary
>
> 3.1 additional colums for used quota and last login.

Ha! report! An interesting feature !

Also have more info per domain ....

> > > Is that the right way ?
> >
> > I cannot say without knowing what the attributes do. :)
>
> this discussion was that the best way is to use a generic
> attribute.
>

> > > And which id's can be used ?
> >
> > Kolab has a private OID branch, so we could aquire new oid numbers
> > for attributes from there. This should be part of the plan.
>
> Thanks
>
> Thomas
>

> > Best,
> > Bernhard