[Kolab-devel] enlargement of kolab ldap schema for asp service

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Tue Jul 24 10:43:15 CEST 2007

Hi Thomas,

On Monday 23 July 2007 19:04, Thomas Börnert wrote:
> i plan to use kolab as a asp solution and need some additional
> ldap attributes.
>
> i need the new attributes only for the web administration frontend.
>
> i'd a offline discusstion with gunnar wrobel and he recommends to
> use a generic ldap attibute as "kolabPrefs" or "kolabWebadminPrefs".
> in this case there this is a generic solution for all other improvments,
> and it is not necessary to extend the ldap schema for each additional
> function.

can you summarize the whole proposal of adding these attributes again?

> Is that the right way ?

I cannot say without knowing what the attributes do. :)

> And which id's can be used ?

Kolab has a private OID branch, so we could aquire new oid numbers
for attributes from there. This should be part of the plan.

Best,
Bernhard

--
Managing Director - Owner: www.intevation.net      (Free Software Company)