[Kolab-devel] [issue1859] password for outgoing smtp not saved in memory

Bernhard Reiter kolab-issues at intevation.de
Wed Jul 18 09:49:56 CEST 2007

New submission from Bernhard Reiter <bernhard at intevation.de>:

Sending(outgoing) SMTP does not remember the password during a run.
I can only save it.

I do not want to save my password on the machine
because I use it rarely. So I do not want to use kwallet,
but want to enter my password once during one run on Kontact.
This works with the disconnected IMAP Resource, but not
with sending SMTP. I get asked all the time.

 (proko2 2.1.7) on Debian Sarge.
To test:
Disable saved smtp password in the sending settings.
Freshly start kontact.
Send an email: You get asked for the password.
Send another email: You get asked again. Expectation: Same behaviour
as with the "disconnected imap resource".

Ludwig, please test with enterprise branch if the problem is there as well.

assignedto: ludwig
messages: 11255
nosy: bernhard, ludwig, osterfeld, till, vkrause
priority: minor bug
status: chatting
title: password for outgoing smtp not saved in memory
topic: kde client