[Kolab-devel] [issue1844] "Copy To" on a mail doesn't work for online IMAP to same server

Thomas Arendsen Hein kolab-issues at intevation.de
Tue Jul 10 16:05:15 CEST 2007

New submission from Thomas Arendsen Hein <thomas at intevation.de>:

The following are three different results of the same action:

Select an email in an online IMAP folder (I haven't tried dIMAP),
right click email -> Copy To -> select the source folder as target

kontact Version 1.2.4 (enterprise 20070703.682923):

Doesn't copy, but moves the email in most cases.
During my experiments one email vanished completely!
In this case other folders on the same server show the same behaviour.
Copy from/to local folders is no problem.

kontact Version 1.2.4 (enterprise 20070611.674122):

Crashes kontact. I can't reproduce now because kontact was upgraded to above
version. But as soon as a new kontact version can do copies instead of moves
again I suspect problems.

kontact Version 1.0 (proko2 2.1.7):

All mails in this folder vanish, but they reappear after switching to a
different folder and back.

assignedto: till
messages: 11188
nosy: bernhard, bh, ludwig, osterfeld, thomas, till, vkrause
priority: urgent
status: unread
title: "Copy To" on a mail doesn't work for online IMAP to same server
topic: kde client, prokde35