[Kolab-devel] RFC - The future development direction of Kolab

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Tue Jul 3 19:11:51 CEST 2007

On Friday 22 June 2007 07:12, Ingo Steuwer wrote:
> > c) make provisions for a client integrating accounts from three different
> >    Kolab Servers so that the user is in control of his or her data.
>
> Should this include multi-server-hosted domains? I'd like to see
> some "shared-folder-sync" between two kolab servers sharing the users of
> one domain.

This seems to be a special case, but you are right in that having a solution
for this would be nice as well.

> A very important thing in my point of view would be a second "full
> featured" Windows client beside Outlook, idealy an open source based.
> Possible candidates are a Thunderbird Connector (how stable is it, does
> someone has some expiriences?)

I have no recent experiences with Synckolab, but I know that some work
on it has been done lately.

> or Kontact for windows which should be possible with KDE4/QT4.

As the official target of KDE4 is Windows, there is a good chance
that this will be happening sooner or later.

Bernhard