[Kolab-devel] %SERVER%

Martin Konold martin.konold at erfrakon.de
Mon Jul 2 21:52:39 CEST 2007

Hi Bernhard,

I read on kolab-commits at kolab.org

> doc3: Corrected the image olfreebusysetup.png to match the text, by
>         using a pixel editor. Fixed two wordings in the same paragraph.
> olfreebusysetup.png: replaced %SERVER% with the real server address,
>         we switched to always asking my own server a while ago as
>         standard configuration.

In the normal case %SERVER% expands to the kolabHomeServer and therefore is
equivalent but keeping %SERVER% is more flexible and more generic.

E.g. when keeping the %SERVER% then the URL used can be literally the same in
all installations and it can be copied from documentation without the need to
understand which server actually to put in.

When doing central administration it is also simpler to have the very same
string for all clients independent of location etc.

Last but not least keeping %SERVER% allows the Outlook users to retrieve
internet freebusy for contacts which are NOT Kolab users but which happend to
publish the ifb on their on servers. (E.g. MS Exchange).

I therefore kindly request you to revert the change.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen,
-- martin konold

--
e r f r a k o n
Sitz: Adolfstraße 23 Stuttgart - Partnerschaftsregister Stuttgart PR 126