[Kolab-devel] A first draft of Horde RPMS for Kolab

Gunnar Wrobel wrobel at pardus.de
Wed Jan 24 15:43:54 CET 2007

Hello,

I did upload a first draft of Horde source rpms for OpenPKG here:

http://build.pardus.de/downloads/kolab-horde-tmp/

These packages are still completely experimental and have a high
potential to break you Kolab system. Do NOT install them on a
productive system!

There are some basic source rpms for PEAR packages, the horde packages
and an upgrade for kolab-resource-handlers. The intention of the
packages is twofold:

1) Update the Kolab Horde libraries to the newest library version.

2) Install a working Horde web client on your Kolab installation.

These packages did not see any testing so far and I'm not even certain
if they'll install on your system. But I had to wrap up that line of
work for this week and I wanted to make these available. I'll
definitely continue on these next week and it should be safer to use
by then. But maybe there are some people out there that don't mind
playing around with their kolab system in the meantime and give it a
try.

The source tree for the rpms is located here:

https://svn.pardus.de/kolab-horde-tmp

Anonymous subversion access has been granted on that repository.

Since I am absolutely no rpm guru there are still plenty of problems
in the package definitions. Comments and fixes (especially on
dependencies and stray files) are more then welcome.

Cheers,

Gunnar