[Kolab-devel] ToDo for Kolab Server 2.1 RC1

Sascha Wilde wilde at intevation.de
Mon Jan 15 11:50:54 CET 2007

Sascha Wilde <wilde at intevation.de> writes:

This is a short status update on the issues I announced here, which
must be fixed for 2.1.

Please not that at the end of this mail are two new issues listed!

>> kolab/issue1531 (amavisd.conf local_domains only contains primary domain)
>>
>>   This needs some in depth testing.  If you want to work on this,
>>   please read the comments in the issue carefully, create a meaning full
>>   testcase and write a detailed test protocol for the results of your test.
>
> This still needs some testing...

Gunnar added a description on how to test this, but it still needs to
be done with a 2.1beta3 (or current CVS) server.

>> kolab/issue1487 (amavisd.conf mynetworks incomplete)

Just did some quick testing: resolved.

>> kolab/issue666 (fbview shows some events at the wrong time)

Fixed as good as possible without undesirable big changes for 2.1.
A short documented test (comparing the CVS version to 2.1beta3) would
be nice.

>> kolab/issue942 (2.0.1 broken when updating: postfix relayhost
>> parameter syntax changed in ver 2.2)
[...]
> Achim reported, that this is fixed in 2.1beta3, but I would very much
> appreciate a documented test of some of the less common use cases...

Did a quick test, looks good.  There might be still issues when
upgrading in certain situations, but investigation can be deferred, as
simply reentering the values for the relayhost/port should do as a fix.

>> kolab/issue1507 (Public viewable phpinfo() and more in Server default installation)
>>
>>   Knowledge of RPM and the upgrade process is needed here.  And the
>>   access restrictions proposed by Steffen need testing.  As always:
>>   well tested and documented patches would be highly appreciated.  :-)
>
> Two things are still needed:
> - A Documented Test (especially of the access restricting, _try_ to
>   circumvent them!)

Thomas did and found the current access restricting faulty -- this
needs fixing!

> - A solution for the upgrade process to remove the offensive files
>   from an older installation.

This was an mistake by me, actually the problem only exists if the
update is done using rpm with --force, otherwise the files are removed
as they should be, so this is an non issue.

We have two more issues which need immediate action:

kolab/issue1559 (Domain Maintainer cannot delete "his" users)

  This is an new open issue, which turned out to be fatal for
  multidomain setups.  As multidomain feature is one of the long
  awaited additions in 2.1 we really need to get this fixed.

  I you want to work on this issue: please carefully read all the
  messages in the issue.  A detailed description of the bug causing
  this problem (on code level) would help -- a well documented and
  tested patch would be great.  :-)

kolab/issue1563 (freebusy.conf template doesn't match freebusy.conf from package)

  This issue needs good knowledge of the fbview configuration.  There
  are currently two configuration files in CVS which need merging --
  see the messages in the issue for details.

cheers
sascha
--
Sascha Wilde                                 Intevation GmbH

wilde at intevation.de                          intevation at intevation.de
http://www.intevation.de/~wilde/             http://www.intevation.de/