[Kolab-devel] python-kolab

Gunnar Wrobel wrobel at pardus.de
Thu Feb 22 16:40:40 CET 2007

Hi,

the python-kolab project
(http://wald.intevation.org/projects/python-kolab/) has been dormant
for a while and I thought I just check in some stuff that I currently
need anyhow.

> Le mardi 05 déc 2006 14:00, Gunnar Wrobel a écrit :
>> Stéphane Konstantaropoulos <skonstant at sgul.ac.uk> writes:
>> > However, we need python-ldap in order to retrieve the user home server,
>> > not really for anything else, or do we?
>>
>> Kolab stores a lot of information in LDAP and there might be
>> additional features the lib could provide by retrieving information
>> from the ldap tree but I'd consider this as additional functionality
>> and not the main focus.
>>
>> But the home-server will be necessary, yes.
>>

> Yep, we will need ldap in any case.

I copied some LDAP specific code that I use in Kolab context and will
continue to extend this. I am not particularly attached to the version
of the code that I checked in now. Please consider it only as a basis
for discussion if you wish to get involved. Just trying to get this
rolling at the moment.

Cheers,

Gunnar