[Kolab-devel] php patch

Gunnar Wrobel wrobel at pardus.de
Wed Feb 7 16:49:39 CET 2007

Thomas Jarosch <thomas.jarosch at intra2net.com> writes:

> Hello Gunnar,
>
> On Mittwoch, 7. Februar 2007, Gunnar Wrobel wrote:
>> > Does this mean that patch is not provided upstream at all?  Is it
>> > possible to provide it upstream and is there a chance that the patch will
>> > be accepted?
>>
>> Not sure if it has been sent upstream. Martin should know.
>>
>> > What about the other php patches?
>> > http://kolab.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs-kolab.cgi/server/php/
>>
>> The getacl patch is a backport that is already included in php5. But
>> the imap_status function is something that is also missing form php5.
>
> Maybe I can help ;-) The problem was getting annotation support upstream
> in the c-client IMAP library. IIRC the author was opposed to the way
> annotations are handled in IMAP in general. Without official support in the
> client library, there is no way the PHP people will accept a patch for it.

Ah ok, makes sense. You are referring to this patch
(http://kolab.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs-kolab.cgi/server/imap/imap.annotate.patch?rev=1.2&content-type=text/vnd.viewcvs-markup),
right?

Did the discussion of the patch take place on the imap-uw list
(http://www.washington.edu/imap/lists/imap-uw.html)?

> I also backported the getacl function to PHP4, though the PHP people didn't
> want to include it as it's a new feature. The imap_status_current function is
> completly new, guess I must somehow lost track of submitting it upstream
> after the getacl backport was denied for inclusion.

:) I guess the SuSE and Gentoo people are not too bothered by missing
functionality in PHP4 since we both switched to PHP5.

Anyhow it would be good if there is a chance of getting the stuff
included upstream. Patching PHP is somehow awkward. There has been a
minimum of movement on most of the kolab specific patches lately
anyhow. Maybe this needs some upstream pressure again :)

Cheers,

Gunnar