[Kolab-devel] How to switch off Kolab's anti-spoof?

Thomas Black tsblack at gmail.com
Tue Feb 6 11:47:37 CET 2007

Hi All

Kolab appears to have built in anti-spoof protection for users, so
basically if you send mail from a kolab handled email address via an
email relay to a kolab user, you get the following error:

Sender address rejected: Invalid sender;

Now, I realise that this is to protect users from spoofing, but how do
you switch that off? In south Africa you very regularly have to send
via mail relays and the business impact of doing this is much greater
than the potential impact of a spoofed email address.

I see that in the web interface you can accept these messages and then
change the headers to warn of a possible forgery, but once you enable
that it rejects all mail where the From and Envelope-from don't match,
as they very often do not when mail is sent from mailing lists (ie.
message is from 'info', envelope-from is 'bounces', etc.) So I really
don't want to enable that, I just want to switch off anti-spoof /
forgery so that the above error is prevented when sending via a
relay...

Thanks!

-Thomas