[Kolab-devel] Kolab2 Beta3 install does not work at all

ComCept Soliva soliva at comcept.ch
Wed Dec 19 10:38:53 CET 2007

Hello everybody

the installation for Beta3 does not work at all on the below mentioned OS
meaning after error

"openpkg-20071030-20071030.-kolab.sh: openpkg-20071030-20071030.-kolab.sh:
cannot open"

I proceed again with "sh install-kolab.sh -H -F
openpkg-20071030-20071030.sparc64-solaris10-kolab.sh | tee
kolab2.2-beta-3-build.log"

and will be at the end again at error:

"openpkg-20071030-20071030.-kolab.sh: openpkg-20071030-20071030.-kolab.sh:
cannot open"

like a loop........also the script I pointed yesterday was tested by myself
on different servers on my site (all SunOS 10 sparc) is not working.

I tried to compile again 2.2 Beta1 with success no problem there except the
db issue but this is alreday known and the workaround works.

If you like to have the log for below installation procedure specially
kolab2.2-beta-3-build.log no problem tell me where to deliver.

SunOS dev 5.10 Generic_125100-09 sun4u sparc SUNW,Ultra-4

"whole root" Zone

# crle
Default Library Path (ELF):   /lib:/usr/lib:/usr/local/lib

# env
_=/usr/bin/env
LANG=C
HZ=
PATH=/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/dt/bin:/usr/openwin/bin:/bin:/usr/ucb:/opt/sfw/
bin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/ccs/bin:/opt/ActivePerl-5.8.4_810/bin
HISTFILE=/root/.sh_history
LOGNAME=root
MAIL=/var/mail/root
PS1=[root at dev $PWD]#
SHELL=/sbin/sh
HISTSIZE=200
HOME=/root
TERM=vt100
PWD=/root
TZ=MET
ENV=/root/.kshrc

# pkginfo
application SMCautoc                     autoconf
application SMCautom                     automake
application SMCbison                     bison
application SMCcpio                      cpio
application SMCflex                      flex
application SMCgcc                       gcc
application SMCgrep                      grep
application SMCimgmck                    imagemagick
application SMCjpeg                      jpeg
application SMClibpng                    libpng
application SMClibtool                   libtool
application SMCliconv                    libiconv
application SMClungif                    libungif
application SMCmake                      make
application SMCncurs                     ncurses
application SMCnetpbm                    netpbm
application SMCpcre                      pcre
application SMCtexi                      texinfo
application SMCtiff                      tiff
application SMCzoo                       zoo
system      SUNWadmap                    System administration applications
system      SUNWadmc                     System administration core
libraries
system      SUNWadmfr                    System & Network Administration
Framework Configuration
system      SUNWadmfw                    System & Network Administration
Framework
system      SUNWadmlib-sysid             System and Network identification
libraries
system      SUNWadmr                     System & Network Administration
Root
system      SUNWarc                      Lint Libraries (usr)
system      SUNWatfsr                    AutoFS, (Root)
system      SUNWatfsu                    AutoFS, (Usr)
system      SUNWbcp                      SunOS 4.x Binary Compatibility
system      SUNWbip                      Basic IP commands (Usr)
system      SUNWbipr                     Basic IP commands (Root)
system      SUNWbtool                    CCS tools bundled with SunOS
system      SUNWbzip                     The bzip compression utility
system      SUNWcakr                     Core Solaris Kernel Architecture
(Root)
system      SUNWcar                      Core Architecture, (Root)
system      SUNWcfpl                     fp cfgadm plug-in library
system      SUNWcfplr                    fp cfgadm plug-in library (root)
system      SUNWchxge                    Chelsio N110 10GE NIC Driver
system      SUNWckr                      Core Solaris Kernel (Root)
system      SUNWcnetr                    Core Solaris Network Infrastructure
(Root)
system      SUNWcpp                      Solaris cpp
system      SUNWcsd                      Core Solaris Devices
system      SUNWcsl                      Core Solaris, (Shared Libs)
system      SUNWcslr                     Core Solaris Libraries (Root)
system      SUNWcsr                      Core Solaris, (Root)
system      SUNWcsu                      Core Solaris, (Usr)
system      SUNWdpl                      Developer Profiled Libraries
system      SUNWerid                     Sun RIO 10/100 Mb Ethernet Drivers
system      SUNWesu                      Extended System Utilities
system      SUNWfcip                     Sun FCIP IP/ARP over FibreChannel
Device Driver
system      SUNWfcp                      Sun FCP SCSI Device Driver
system      SUNWfctl                     Sun Fibre Channel Transport layer
system      SUNWflexruntime              Flex Lexer (Runtime Libraries)
system      SUNWgss                      GSSAPI V2
system      SUNWgssc                     GSSAPI CONFIG V2
system      SUNWgzip                     The GNU Zip (gzip) compression
utility
system      SUNWhea                      SunOS Header Files
system      SUNWhmd                      SunSwift Adapter Drivers
system      SUNWib                       Sun InfiniBand Framework
system      SUNWinstall-patch-utils-root Install and Patch Utilities (root)
system      SUNWipc                      Interprocess Communications
system      SUNWipoib                    Sun IP over InfiniBand
system      SUNWjss                      Network Security Services for Java
(JSS)
system      SUNWkey                      Keyboard configuration tables
system      SUNWkvm                      Core Architecture, (Kvm)
system      SUNWlexpt                    libexpat - XML parser library
system      SUNWlibC                     Sun Workshop Compilers Bundled libC
system      SUNWlibm                     Math & Microtasking Library Headers
& Lint Files (Usr)
system      SUNWlibmr                    Math Library Lint Files (Root)
system      SUNWlibms                    Math & Microtasking Libraries (Usr)
system      SUNWlibmsr                   Math & Microtasking Libraries
(Root)
system      SUNWlibsasl                  SASL v2
system      SUNWloc                      System Localization
application SUNWlur                      Live Upgrade (root)
application SUNWluu                      Live Upgrade (usr)
application SUNWluzone                   Live Upgrade (zones support)
system      SUNWlxml                     The XML library
system      SUNWmdb                      Modular Debugger
system      SUNWmdr                      Solaris Volume Manager, (Root)
system      SUNWmdu                      Solaris Volume Manager, (Usr)
system      SUNWmpathadm                 Solaris Multipathing CLI
system      SUNWmpathadmr                Solaris Multipathing CLI (Root)
system      SUNWmpsvplr                  Sun MP API library for the
scsi_vhci driver (Root)
system      SUNWnfscr                    Network File System (NFS) client
support (Root)
system      SUNWnfscu                    Network File System (NFS) client
support (Usr)
system      SUNWntpr                     NTP, (Root)
system      SUNWntpu                     NTP, (Usr)
system      SUNWopenssl-libraries        OpenSSL Libraries (Usr)
system      SUNWowbcp                    OpenWindows binary compatibility
system      SUNWpd                       PCI Drivers
system      SUNWperl584core              Perl 5.8.4 (core)
system      SUNWperl584usr               Perl 5.8.4 (non-core)
system      SUNWpkgcmdsr                 SVr4 package commands (root)
system      SUNWpkgcmdsu                 SVr4 packaging commands (usr)
system      SUNWpool                     Resource Pools
system      SUNWpoolr                    Resource Pools (Root)
system      SUNWpr                       Netscape Portable Runtime
system      SUNWproduct-registry-root    Solaris Product Registry runtime
support (root)
system      SUNWqfed                     Sun Quad FastEthernet Adapter
Driver
system      SUNWrmodu                    Realmode Modules, (Usr)
system      SUNWroute                    Network Routing daemons/commands
(Usr)
system      SUNWscbcp                    SPARCompilers Binary Compatibility
Libraries
system      SUNWscpr                     Source Compatibility, (Root)
system      SUNWscpu                     Source Compatibility, (Usr)
system      SUNWsmapi                    Storage Management APIs
system      SUNWsprot                    Solaris Bundled tools
system      SUNWsra                      Source Compatibility Archive
Libraries
system      SUNWsrh                      Source Compatibility Header Files
system      SUNWsshcu                    SSH Common, (Usr)
system      SUNWsshdr                    SSH Server, (Root)
system      SUNWsshdu                    SSH Server, (Usr)
system      SUNWsshr                     SSH Client and utilities, (Root)
system      SUNWsshu                     SSH Client and utilities, (Usr)
system      SUNWswmt                     Install and Patch Utilities
system      SUNWtavor                    Sun Tavor HCA driver
system      SUNWtecla                    Tecla command-line editing library
system      SUNWter                      Terminal Information
system      SUNWtls                      Network Security Services
system      SUNWtoo                      Programming Tools
system      SUNWudapltr                  Sun uDAPL for Tavor (Root)
system      SUNWudapltu                  Sun uDAPL for Tavor (User)
system      SUNWwbsup                    WAN boot support
system      SUNWwsr2                     Solaris Product Registry & Web
Start runtime support
system      SUNWxwice                    X Window System Inter-Client
Exchange (ICE) Components
system      SUNWxwplt                    X Window System platform software
system      SUNWzfskr                    ZFS Kernel (Root)
system      SUNWzfsr                     ZFS (Root)
system      SUNWzfsu                     ZFS (Usr)
system      SUNWzip                      The Info-Zip (zip) compression
utility
system      SUNWzlib                     The Zip compression library
system      SUNWzoner                    Solaris Zones (Root)
system      SUNWzoneu                    Solaris Zones (Usr)

# svcs
STATE          STIME    FMRI
legacy_run     Jun_24   lrc:/etc/rcS_d/S00umask_sh
legacy_run     Jun_24   lrc:/etc/rc2_d/S00umask_sh
legacy_run     Jun_24   lrc:/etc/rc2_d/S20sysetup
legacy_run     Jun_24   lrc:/etc/rc2_d/S98deallocate
legacy_run     Jun_24   lrc:/etc/rc2_d/S99banner
legacy_run     Jun_24   lrc:/etc/rc3_d/S00umask_sh
legacy_run     Jun_24   lrc:/etc/rc3_d/S99kolab
online         Jun_24   svc:/system/svc/restarter:default
online         Jun_24   svc:/network/physical:default
online         Jun_24   svc:/network/loopback:default
online         Jun_24   svc:/milestone/network:default
online         Jun_24   svc:/system/filesystem/root:default
online         Jun_24   svc:/system/identity:node
online         Jun_24   svc:/system/boot-archive:default
online         Jun_24   svc:/milestone/name-services:default
online         Jun_24   svc:/system/filesystem/usr:default
online         Jun_24   svc:/system/keymap:default
online         Jun_24   svc:/system/device/local:default
online         Jun_24   svc:/milestone/devices:default
online         Jun_24   svc:/system/filesystem/minimal:default
online         Jun_24   svc:/system/rmtmpfiles:default
online         Jun_24   svc:/system/coreadm:default
online         Jun_24   svc:/system/identity:domain
online         Jun_24   svc:/system/cryptosvc:default
online         Jun_24   svc:/network/initial:default
online         Jun_24   svc:/network/service:default
online         Jun_24   svc:/system/manifest-import:default
online         Jun_24   svc:/milestone/single-user:default
online         Jun_24   svc:/system/filesystem/local:default
online         Jun_24   svc:/system/sysidtool:net
online         Jun_24   svc:/system/cron:default
online         Jun_24   svc:/milestone/sysconfig:default
online         Jun_24   svc:/system/sac:default
online         Jun_24   svc:/network/rpc/bind:default
online         Jun_24   svc:/system/utmp:default
online         Jun_24   svc:/system/system-log:default
online         Jun_24   svc:/network/rpc/keyserv:default
online         Jun_24   svc:/network/ssh:default
online         Jun_24   svc:/milestone/multi-user:default
online         Jun_24   svc:/milestone/multi-user-server:default
online         Jul_24   svc:/system/console-login:default

# ln -s /usr/local/bin/gcc /usr/bin/cc

# mkdir /kolabtmp
# cd /kolabtmp

# mkdir /opt/kolab
# ln -s /opt/kolab/ /kolab

# /opt/wget-1.10.1/bin/wget -r -l1 -nd --no-parent
http://ftp.belnet.be/packages/kolab/server/beta/kolab-server-2.2-beta-3/sour
ces/

# chown -R root:root /kolabtmp
# chmod -R 777 /kolabtmp

# sh install-kolab.sh -H -F 2>&1 | tee kolab2.2-beta-3-build.log

install-kolab.sh: syntax error at line 137: `R_KID=$' unexpected

install-kolab.sh: test: unknown operator ==

# vi install-kolab.sh

--------------- install-kolab.sh ---------------

   137  R_KID=$(($KID + 1))
   138  N_KID=$(($R_KID + 1))

   137  R_KID=19415
   138  N_KID=19416

   146                          read ANSWER
   147                          if [ "$ANSWER" == "YES" ]; then

   239                          BIN=`basename "$INSTALLER"
.src.sh`.$PLATTAG.sh
   240                          if [ "$BINARY" == "$BIN" ]; then

   146                          read ANSWER
   147                          if [ "$ANSWER" = "YES" ]; then

   239                          BIN=`basename "$INSTALLER"
.src.sh`.$PLATTAG.sh
   240                          if [ "$BINARY" = "$BIN" ]; then

--------------- install-kolab.sh ---------------

# sh -x install-kolab.sh -H -F 2>&1 | tee kolab2.2-beta-3-build.log

| containing the installation files in RPM format for the OpenPKG
|
| instance /kolab. Optionally use this after the installation of
|
| the OpenPKG Binary Bootstrap Package if you want (usually for
|
| fixing something) to reinstall (but then with RPM available).
|

| The third result file is the OpenPKG Binary Bootstrap Package,
|
| containing the installation files as a self-extracting shell
|
| script for the OpenPKG instance /kolab. Use this in YOUR NEXT
|
| STEP to initially create the OpenPKG instance from scratch.
|
| Hence, proceed now by running the following command:
|

|     $ sh openpkg-20071030-20071030.sparc64-solaris10-kolab.sh

--+
+ [ -n  ]
+ [ -n openpkg-20071030-20071030.-kolab.sh ]
+ sh openpkg-20071030-20071030.-kolab.sh
openpkg-20071030-20071030.-kolab.sh: openpkg-20071030-20071030.-kolab.sh:
cannot open

# sh install-kolab.sh -H -F
openpkg-20071030-20071030.sparc64-solaris10-kolab.sh | tee
kolab2.2-beta-3-build.log

kind regards

Andrea Soliva