[Kolab-devel] TO all anti-spam enthusiasts

Richard Bos ml at radoeka.nl
Mon Dec 17 20:02:17 CET 2007

Op Monday 17 December 2007 17:26:15 schreef Alain Spineux:
> > > Richard Bos wrote:
> > >
> > >     Op Friday 14 December 2007 09:06:24 schreef Fabio Pietrosanti:
> > >
> > >         So imho we should carefully add all the checks that could be
> > > useful and then provide to the system administrator the opportunity,
> > > knowing what he is doing, to enable or disabled the most aggressive
> > > antispam features.
> > >
> > >     wouldn't this be possible with the @@@if construction, like:
> > >     @@@If some_variable_value = value@@@
> > >     smtp_restrict_xxxx = yyy
> > >     @@@else@@@
> > >     smtp_restrict_xxxx = zzzz
> > >     @@@endif@@@
> > >
> > >     Which would be driven by the kolab management webinterface?
> > >  Perhaps with an additonal (new) tab?
> > >
> > > That's a great idea!
> > >
> > > An idea could be a configurable antispam system with simple
> > > configuration like: - relaxed
> > > - medium
> > > - aggressive
>
> Why do you want to hide the underneath features under vague words.
> Why not list them all, maybe ordered from the lighter to the hardest, and
> maybe with a hint in ( relaxed, medium, aggressive ) and some more help.

Why not combine both ;) ?

Each and every measure should just be listed, which could be activated with
e.g. a checkbox.

Additionally there could be three columns after the checkbox that shows
whether the measure is part of a (convenience group as listed above (relaxed,
medium or aggressive)).
The convenience groups are probably just arrays in php (or maybe a new
template file?).  By selecting a convenience group all measure that are part
of that group will be checked.  That way it is also visible clear what the
result will be of selecting a convenience group.

BTW: will somebody make an issue for this?

--
Richard Bos
Without a home the journey is endless