[Kolab-devel] [issue2343] RBL pre-configured but disabled for lazy system administrator

Gunnar Wrobel kolab-issues at intevation.de
Thu Dec 13 16:59:55 CET 2007

New submission from Gunnar Wrobel <p at rdus.de>:

>From merge72:

I am using several 'free' and 'open' rbl to block spam with a good success.

I understand that RBL can cause some issue because if your pc is infected,
probably you are in spamlist
and you will not able to send emails to a kolab server.

My proposal is to setup a good list of RBL, write them in a map files
"commented" and apply them to
postfix using the  reject_rbl_client and reject_rhsbl_sender checks.

Then will be up to the system administrator, simply removing the comments from
the rbl list file to
activate them.

RBL in my setup removed almost 80% of spam and i think that would be a great
enanchments .

Which is other persons ideas on applying RBL in this "soft" way?

Fabio

messages: 13145
nosy: bernhard, khamsa, thomas, wilde, wrobel
priority: feature
status: unread
title: RBL pre-configured but disabled for lazy system administrator
topic: server