[Kolab-devel] [issue2319] Usability: Resource labels confusing with several accounts

T. Ribbrock kolab-issues at intevation.de
Tue Dec 11 13:59:37 CET 2007

New submission from T. Ribbrock <itsef-admin at brightsight.com>:

When using more than one user account from the same server, all resources get
the same label in the calendar view (i.e. all calendars are named "My Calendar",
all task-lists "My Tasks", etc.), despite originating from two different
accounts. As they are all from the same server, they are also grouped under the
same "Kolab Server". Hence, it is not possible to distinguish the calendars (or
ToDo-lists). Also, there is no obvious way to change the labels. This holds true
for the resource view in the sidebar as well as for all calendar views.

This worked better in the proko2 version, where the full path was shown as label
- while this was a bit long at times, at least it was easy to distinguish the
different calendars (and other resources).

kontact --version
Qt: 3.3.7
KDE: 3.5.8
Kontact: 1.2.4 (enterprise 20071204.744693)
(OS: Kubuntu 7.10 32bit)

messages: 13048
nosy: itsef_admin
priority: minor bug
status: unread
title: Usability: Resource labels confusing with several accounts
topic: kde client, prokde35