[Kolab-devel] Kolab Server 2.2 beta 3 (with Horde web client) released

Richard Bos ml at radoeka.nl
Mon Dec 10 23:01:38 CET 2007

Op Sunday 09 December 2007 23:52:38 schreef Richard Bos:
> Op Sunday 09 December 2007 23:02:52 schreef Thomas Arendsen Hein:
> > Binary packages for Debian GNU/Linux (etch/stable) on x86 platforms
> > can be found in the ix86-debian4.0 directory next to the sources.
>
> is it possible to provide source tarbals (with e.g. the next release) for
> the kolab packages instead of src.rpms
> http://ftp.gwdg.de/pub/linux/kolab/server/development-2.2/current/sources/
> ? I believe that packagers work preferable with tarbals instead of
> src.rpms.

For kolabd and kolab-webadmin this is rather trivial:

Make a working copy of the 2 (from the cvs directory) in for example /var/tmp.
The working copy keeps the cvs directory clean:
- mkdir /var/tmp/server
- cp -a ...../server/kolabd /var/tmp/server
- cp -a ...../server/kolab-webadmin /var/tmp/server
(kolab-webadmin copies a file from kolabd)

- cd /var/tmp/server/kolabd/kolabd
- ./bootstrap
- ./configure *)
- make distcheck
ready :)

For kolabd-webadmin replace kolabd with kolab-webadmin.  Kolab-webadmin will
issue a warning about basename, but this is considered harmless.

*) there is no need to specify the distribution, as a source tarbal is
created...

--
Richard Bos
Without a home the journey is endless