[Kolab-devel] [issue2294] toltec duplication of attachments of non mail-folders

Thomas Börnert kolab-issues at intevation.de
Wed Dec 5 23:23:43 CET 2007

New submission from Thomas Börnert <tb at tbits.net>:

the problem exists with 2.2.x and 2.1.x

attachments in all not mail folders are duplicated on the upload of
toltec (e.x. calendar, tasks, contacts, journal).

in this case exists are following problems:

- if a user (first user) creates an entry with attachment, the the attachment
will be uploaded twice (filesize).
- if this user gives another user access control to the folder, so the
other user can see both attachments and can open both attachements
- if only the first user has write access to this folder, then its ok, but
if the second user has already write access to this folder und uses this
access rights then the attachments of this entry are duplicated and we have
an attachment count of 4. does the first user any changes the its duplicated
and we have 8 attachments. it's importand that the user who does write
some changes to the entry will not see his own duplicate effect, only the
other user.

assignedto: joonradley
messages: 12957
nosy: bernhard, joonradley, tboernert
priority: bug
status: unread
title: toltec duplication of attachments of non mail-folders
topic: toltec