[Kolab-devel] Making perl-kolab a real library

Gunnar Wrobel wrobel at pardus.de
Fri Aug 10 16:56:40 CEST 2007

Bernhard Reiter <bernhard at intevation.de> writes:

> On Friday 03 August 2007 11:01, Gunnar Wrobel wrote:
>> It is nice for development because RPM picks up the higher version
>> number and automatically upgrades the packages.
>
> That could be established by using -cvsNNNNNNNNN  where NNNNNNNN is the
> revision number as well.
>
>> In any case the Kolab-specific server packages have always been
>> released following the .99 scheme (see for example
>> http://ftp.belnet.be/packages/kolab/server/development-2.1/20051215-full/so
>>urces/ or
>> http://ftp.belnet.be/packages/kolab/server/development-2.2/20070612-full/so
>>urces/).
>>
>> I did not try to invent something new but rather noted what I
>> considered to be common practice.
>
> We never thought about this more deeply, and now as you have put it into
> writing I think we should improve this as well, otherwise it becomes
> too official. :)

I looked at this again and modified the perl-kolab package for this
scheme. The DEVELOPMENT text was updated accordingly.

Is it okay that I changed the cvs tag to be a suffix of the version?

The way it currently works looks like this for released packages:

Source packages:    perl-kolab-2.1.0.tar.gz
OpenPKG source RPM: perl-kolab-2.1.0-20070810.src.rpm

During CVS phase the packages would be named like this:

Source packages:    perl-kolab-2.1.0_cvs-20070810.tar.gz
OpenPKG source RPM: perl-kolab-2.1.0_cvs-20070810.src.rpm

Would it be okay like this? I'd then copy the scheme to the other
packages.

Cheers,

Gunnar