[Kolab-devel] Horde and multiple kolabs

Stéphane Konstantaropoulos skonstant at sgul.ac.uk
Wed Aug 8 12:06:09 CEST 2007

Le mercredi 8 août 2007, Bernhard Reiter a écrit :
> On Tuesday 07 August 2007 17:50, Gunnar Wrobel wrote:
> > In any case it would be good if that scenario would be supported (one
> > web server, several Kolab hosts).
>
> It would only be sensible if the webserver is not used by many users
> as I expect a webclient to use a lot ofr CPU power than a Kolab server
> which assumes a scenario like one Kolab server, several web servers. ;)

The good thing about horde is that you can "cluster" it, thanks to sessions
stored in a DB. So, if your configuration is synchronized, you can have a lot
of Horde servers behind some kind of reverse proxy for example.

This makes it transparent for the user, which is what we are aiming at: log
into our intranet and access your webmail, no need to know which server to go
to.

But we have 2 Kolab servers, so we need Horde to point to the right one
according to the user

--
Stéphane Konstantaropoulos -- Web Developer