[Kolab-devel] Horde and multiple kolabs

Gunnar Wrobel wrobel at pardus.de
Tue Aug 7 17:50:45 CEST 2007

Hi Stéphane,

Stéphane Konstantaropoulos <skonstant at sgul.ac.uk> writes:

> Hello,
>
> Our setup is made of two Kolab servers but one webmail. I'd like to keep it
> transparent for users of the webmail and to maintain only one horde setup.
>
> Is there any simple way that IMP can be directed to the Kolab server mentioned
> in "kolabHomeServer"?
>
> I thought to use a Horde hook in which I'd do an LDAP lookup and set the
> virtual host name to whatever can be matched in IMP config, this should work
> but I was wondering if there'd be an easier way?

I don't have much time left right now so I can only answer without
actually looking at the code:

In principle the Kolab module should be able to recognize the
kolabHomeServer and use the corresponding IMAP server. I don't know if
that feature has been disrupted by all the recent changes but I know
there was something in there.

In any case it would be good if that scenario would be supported (one
web server, several Kolab hosts). So I'd be definitely interested in
getting the necessary code written in a fashion that it finds it way
into Horde. Maybe we can work on this together?

Cheers,

Gunnar