[Kolab-devel] php5 dom and php4 domxml

Marcus Hüwe suse-tux at gmx.de
Mon Apr 30 20:20:48 CEST 2007

Hi,

I just played around with the kolab freebusy stuff and noticed that it doesn't
work with php5 because php5 doesn't support php4's domxml functions.

Here are some proposals how to solve this problem:
- kolab (openpkg) switches to php5 after the 2.1 release
- we write a "dom_wrapper"-script so that kolab can be used with php4 and php5
- we use Horde's DOM implementation (I didn't look into this yet, I just saw
that Gunnar is using it for gentoo).

Any other proposals, comments etc.?

Btw. I attached a patch to get freebusy working with php5 (it's more or less a
quick hack but it seems to work;) ).

Marcus