[Kolab-devel] Build failure of Kolab 2.1.0 RC2 on Fedora 6

Thomas Arendsen Hein thomas at intevation.de
Wed Apr 25 15:59:41 CEST 2007

* Joon Radley <joon at radleys.co.za> [20070425 15:47]:
> Kolab 2.1.0 RC2 failed to build on Fedora 6. It fails when trying to compile
> gcc after the initial openpkg bootstrap is installed. Attached is the entire
> build log.

http://wiki.kolab.org/index.php/Fedora_6 might give you all hints
you need.

> I also think that it would be much easier to find errors if the obmtool died
> after an install failure. For a novice installer it can be very confusing to
> look at the entire log file.

When we will upgrade the OpenPKG system (planned for server 2.1.1)
there may be some improvements in this direction, or improvements
made by us have a better chance of being accepted upstream, because
the patches are not for an ancient OpenPKG release.

Thomas

--
thomas at intevation.de - http://intevation.de/~thomas/ - OpenPGP key: 0x5816791A
Intevation GmbH, Osnabrück - Registereintrag: Amtsgericht Osnabrück, HR B 18998