[Kolab-devel] [issue1430] Hang without network connection (offline), related to newldapkio?

Bernhard Reiter kolab-issues at intevation.de
Fri Sep 29 10:31:22 CEST 2006

New submission from Bernhard Reiter <bernhard at intevation.de>:

Kontact: 1.0 (proko2 branch after 2.1.4), Revision 587327.
Debian Sarge (ppc) with KDE: 3.3.2 Qt: 3.3.4

Being offline I had a strange result with on of my accounts,
I could start but when I switched views from email to calendar (I believe)
, it suddenly hung  and did not move.
The difference to other accounts is that it has newldapkio configured.

Restarting I again it completely hung.
I tried to kill a few kio_processes that I saw and shutdown
the networkinterfaces with ifdown and got it to work at some point.
Obviously this misses more testing and details.
I am opening this issue to collect experience about similiar hangs.

assignedto: bernhard
messages: 8534
nosy: bernhard, pradeepto, till
priority: minor bug
status: need-eg
title: Hang without network connection (offline), related to newldapkio?
topic: kde client