[Kolab-devel] using givenName and sn for administrator/maintainer ldap objects

Martin Konold martin.konold at erfrakon.de
Wed Sep 13 13:21:29 CEST 2006

Am Donnerstag, 31. August 2006 10:04 schrieb Bernhard Reiter:

Hi,

> The uids for users were introduced later, and if I remember correctly,
> was more compatible to do.
> Martin knows more details (he currently is on vacation).

Yes, uids were introduced rather late in the development process. This was
mainly due to the fact that many people are used to authenticate using
uid/password not email-address/password even though email is already globally
unique while traditional uids (e.g. ms and uniq logon names) are not globally
unique.

Regards,
-- martin

--