[Kolab-devel] Kolab 2.1 on x86_64?

Steffen Hansen steffen at klaralvdalens-datakonsult.se
Tue Oct 17 14:35:46 CEST 2006

On Sunday 15 October 2006 20:12, Martin Konold wrote:
> Am Freitag, 13. Oktober 2006 15:12 schrieb Steffen Hansen:
> > Have any of you run Kolab on an Opteron box?
>
> Yes, but I always compile on an IA32 box and then transfer the rpms.
>
> (Kolab does not really benefit from 64bit currently)

I know there is no direct benefit from running 64bit here (besides not
having the tiny performance decrease from 32bit compat. mode), but I
did get 64bit binaries for everything after patching the db4 rpm.

The box is up and running and looks good so far (Kolab HEAD). Are there
any known ill effects from running "64 bit clean"?

regards
--
Steffen Hansen          |       Klarälvdalens Datakonsult AB
Senior Software Engineer|       http://www.klaralvdalens-datakonsult.se