[Kolab-devel] Horde as Webinterface

Jan Schneider jan at horde.org
Wed Oct 4 14:05:13 CEST 2006

Zitat von Gunnar Wrobel <wrobel at pardus.de>:

> Benoit Mortier <benoit.mortier at opensides.be> writes:
>
>> How many bugs are still left and approximatively how much will that cost ?
>
> This is hard to answer. This is the plan of action I had in my mind so far:
>
>  - Waiting for the patches to be included into the horde
>    framework. The question here is whether the patches are of
>    acceptable quality and if they actually fit into the framework or
>    whether they violate some basic rules of horde.
>
>  - Once a new share driver is available it could be tested and
>    fixed. I am already running the new driver and I know that there
>    are still a number of bugs but it makes no sense to test it
>    completely as long as I don't know the changes that will be
>    necessary from the side of the horde project.
>
>  - If the stuff works well enough the question of an IMAP cache
>    remains. Horde could be extremely slow when it has to work with a
>    high number of kolab objects (contacts, events etc.) on the IMAP
>    server. I still believe it should not be too hard to code such a
>    thing but I did not yet lay out any plans for such a cache.
>
> So right now I believe the best address for your question is probably
> Jan Schneider.

The plan sounds good, and your patches are still lingering in my
inbox. As soon as I have some spare time I'm going to apply and test
them. We should indeed proceed from there since anything trying to fix
the current DataTree-Kolab-synchronization mess is wasted time.

Jan.

http://horde.org/consulting/