[Kolab-devel] Python connector

Dick Kniep dick.kniep at lindix.nl
Tue Nov 28 17:44:51 CET 2006

Hi Gunnar,

Thanks for the quick response. Problem that I have is that I do not have
htpasswd on my system (SuSE 10), and also not htpasswd2 (for apache2). I
tried to install apache2, but no htpasswd.

But alla, we will solve that.

Name python-kolab is OK with me, we could make a shorthand pyko or something
like that.

Now we have to discuss the architecture. Here are my musings about that....
Please feel free to tell me I am uttering nonsense...

I think we have 3 main parts in the connector.
1. Connection to the Imap storage and the security issues involved there
(think users, passwords, ldap etc)
2. Transport and interpretation of the imap parts, including XML
3. Implementation of the cache, and conversion to the formats in such a way
that it is pythonic.

--
Met vriendelijke groet,

Dick Kniep