[Kolab-devel] Python connector

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Tue Nov 28 15:05:42 CET 2006

Hi Dick, Hi Stéphane,

On Tuesday 28 November 2006 11:33, Dick Kniep wrote:
> We, Stéphane and me, want to develop a python connector to kolab,

wonderful! I even might join a bit in the development, as I like Python
quite a bit. There will be some technical points with the current library
support for ldap and imap as well from what I can say.

> and would  like your help.
> First we need guidance with the development things,

I think kolab-devel will be a good starting point for coordination,
we can add more lists or other things as necessary.

> next we
> need some support in the form of a subversion directory and possibly in the
> future things like a mailinglist. Is there anyone out there that can give
> us that kind of support?

Kolab-Konsortium has a develpment server called Wald (German for forest),
it is based on Gforge software and hosted by Intevation.
See https://wald.intevation.org/.
We would gladly provide hosting for the project there.
I guess it will be usefull to register a full group for it there,
even when this is a subactivity of Kolab somehow. :)
How do you want to call it?

python-kolab?

Best,
Bernhard
--
Managing Director - Owner, www.intevation.net       (Free Software Company)
Germany Coordinator, fsfeurope.org       (Non-Profit Org for Free Software)