[Kolab-devel] Kolab participation in the Google Summer of Code

Fabio Pietrosanti lists at pietrosanti.it
Tue May 2 12:11:10 CEST 2006

Jorgen Hermanrud Fjeld wrote:
> How about adding these items:
> * Complete the Sync Kolab thunderbird extension.
>  "http://www.gargan.org/extensions/synckolab.html"
>  This could prove an easy client choice on both Linux and windows,
>  as many already know Thunderbird.

Totally agree!
Having a complete Thunderbird extension for Kolab would really be a good
things!

> * Write a standalone SyncML<->Kolab2 daemon.
>   This would allow cellphones with built in groupware to
>   synchronize directly with Kolab2.
>   Very handy for the corporate market.

Imho this should not be a goal for Kolab but for Horde support of Kolab
XML data format.
Horde will be "the web interface" of kolab groupware system and already
have a quite good Kolab XML data format handler.
Horde have a SyncML server and we can use it.

So, enhanching Horde code respect to Kolab integration would allow to
provide also a SyncML services.

Imho Horde is playing and will play an important role in the Kolab
strategies.