[Kolab-devel] Alternative for dba_open?

Richard Bos radoeka at xs4all.nl
Fri Mar 31 23:42:00 CEST 2006

Op vrijdag 31 maart 2006 23:27, schreef Martin Konold:
> > we face an obstacle in our effort to port kolab to suse.  Suse has
> > decided to withdrawn the package php4-dba from the distribution because
> > of legal reasons.
>
> Can you please point me to the some documentation about the legal problem?

Something about php not able to build/link against gpl-ed modules and
re-distribution this.

However, with php5 is was not a problem for suse.  Or at least they could
package around it.  It seems that this can be done for php4 as well, we have
to wait if that will happen.  In the meantime Marcus was able to build the
dba.so lib, and I was able to get use it succesfully :)

A lot has happened and I don't think we need an alternative :)  (Just move to
php5) ;)

--
Richard Bos
Without a home the journey is endless