[Kolab-devel] [issue1192] kmail displays unformatted "Description" in invitation

T. Ribbrock kolab-issues at intevation.de
Thu Mar 30 14:38:38 CEST 2006

New submission from T. Ribbrock <admin_slox-e at itsef.com>:

kontact proko2.0.6 on SuSE 10.0:

When scheduling an event, you can enter description of the event in the process.
This description is also part of the invitation mail that attendees get.
However, when that mail is displayed in kmail, all formatting (newlines, empty
lines) is lost, i.e. the whole description is displayed as one, long line. This
makes reading the description in such an invitation very tedious.
When looking at the source of such a mail, I can see that the newlines are
actually there: I can see "\n" embedded in the text. Unfortunately, kmail does
not seem to honour them in this context.

messages: 6956
nosy: itsef_admin
priority: minor bug
status: unread
title: kmail displays unformatted "Description" in invitation
topic: kde client