[Kolab-devel] Specifying the vendor lib path through configure (patch)

Gunnar Wrobel wrobel at gentoo.org
Thu Mar 9 22:57:14 CET 2006

Richard Bos <richard at radoeka.nl> writes:
> Your patch won't work for openpkg installations as /usr/bin/perl will be used
> to determine installvendorlib value.  The trick could be to change the path
> and add /kolab/bin when the build is done for openpkg.  However, this may
> lead to other problems.  As such we (I?) decided that it is clearer to use
> hardcoded path in the dist_conf files.

Yes you are right. I also think that it is easier for the openpkg
version to use the hardcoded path. For openpkg the perllib location
will be fixed so that should be ok. But I think that the patch does
not prevent you from hard coding the path.

For Gentoo (and I guess also for other distros) it makes sense to
simply omit the "perllib" setting in the dist_conf file and use the
value from configure.

Regards

Gunnar

--
Gunnar Wrobel                    Gentoo Developer

Mail: wrobel at gentoo.org
WWW:  http://www.gunnarwrobel.de
IRC:  #gentoo-web at freenode.org