[Kolab-devel] FolderType support for shared folders

Gunnar Wrobel wrobel at gentoo.org
Sat Jun 3 23:18:08 CEST 2006

Bernhard Reiter <bernhard at intevation.de> writes:

> Am Dienstag, 23. Mai 2006 16:59 schrieb Gunnar Wrobel:
>> There have been some commits recently that were meant to provide
>> support for folder types on shared folders.
>
> From what I understood you mean setting the folder type via the kolabd.
> Currently only clients with write access can set the folder-type
> for global folders. Just like on all folders, the annotation support
> for setting the foldertype is there already.

The commits affected the schema in the kolabd package, the creation of
shared folders within the perl-kolab package and the creation of
shared folders from the webadmin frontend.

Since each shared folder is represented by a LDAP object and will to
be converted into a mail folder for the imap folder these three
elements need to agree on the name of the attributes on the ldap
object.

The kolab ldap schema defines a kolabFolderType attribute while both
perl-kolab and the webadmin try to read an attribute that is only
called folderType. So creating a shared folder with a specified type
in the webadmin currently fails. I simply renamed the attribute to
"folderType" in the kolabSchema and stuff worked fine.

--
Gunnar Wrobel                    Gentoo Developer

Mail: wrobel at gentoo.org
WWW:  http://www.gunnarwrobel.de
IRC:  #gentoo-web at freenode.org