[Kolab-devel] horde as kolab's web frontend or not

Gunnar Wrobel wrobel at gentoo.org
Fri Jul 7 23:23:36 CEST 2006

Richard Bos <radoeka at xs4all.nl> writes:

> But why does a client like kmail not need the administration user (in case of
> the iMAP annotations, I assume that kmail supports IMAP annotations on shared
> folders)?

I guess kmail does not have an internal cache that stores additional
data on the folder. It just reads everything it needs from the folder
itself (name, ownership, permission and type). Horde does not need
more information from these folders but since the data is cached in
the data tree, there needs to be a connection between the folder and
the stored data. This is currently a unique id that is stored as
additional folder data. Admin access is needed in case this unique id
needs to be stored on globally shared folders.

--
Gunnar Wrobel                    Gentoo Developer

Mail: wrobel at gentoo.org
WWW:  http://www.gunnarwrobel.de
IRC:  #gentoo-web at freenode.org