[Kolab-devel] horde as kolab's web frontend or not

Gunnar Wrobel wrobel at gentoo.org
Thu Jul 6 13:21:55 CEST 2006

Jan Schneider <jan at horde.org> writes:

> I don't follow you why we would need an IMAP permission driver and how
> that should work.

I assumed that the permission system is needed to make shares
work. Specifically I assumed that the UI for setting rights on shares
depends on the "Perms" package. This is not completely correct.

But the DataTreeObject_Permission defined in Perms/datatree.php seems
to be the main handler for actually reading/writing permissions to the
storage backend. So I thought that this is the thing that needs to get
converted to IMAP. Is this incorrect?

Assuming there would be an alternative ImapFolder_Permission object
this could probably be defined in Share/kolab.php or Perms/imap.php.

--
Gunnar Wrobel                    Gentoo Developer

Mail: wrobel at gentoo.org
WWW:  http://www.gunnarwrobel.de
IRC:  #gentoo-web at freenode.org