[Kolab-devel] building kolab on a AMD 64 bits

Martin Konold martin.konold at erfrakon.de
Wed Jul 5 00:39:50 CEST 2006

Am Dienstag, 4. Juli 2006 23:16 schrieb Daniel Coletti:

Hi Daniel,

> Unfortunally, the rpmbuild that fedora has doesn't understand some
> tags in the specs file, which it lead me to think that I need to install
> openpkg in fedora in order to pack this src.rpm file with the .specs file
> modified.

Please become familiar with OpenPKG. Your problem is that you assume that
OpenPKG rpms are compiled using the Fedora usr/bin/rpmbuild. This is not
correct for OpenPKG.

Please have a look at http://www.openpkg.org/documentation/article/ and
http://www.openpkg.org/documentation/tutorial/

If you have further questions please don't hesitate to ask on the developers
list.

BTW: I always recommend to run the 32 Bit IA32 Binaries on a AMD64. The 32 Bit
Binaries are best build on a corresponding IA32 system. This is due to the
fact that 64 Bit will not provide any gains compared to 32 Bit for Kolab and
that 32 Bit is much better tested.

Regards,
-- martin

--