[Kolab-devel] IMAP replication

Andrew J. Kopciuch akopciuch at bddf.ca
Thu Jan 19 12:48:14 CET 2006

Hi :

I've been looking into a replication setup for Kolab.  I have master / slave
server working fine.  This replicates the LDAP data perfectly.  I am
wondering what to do about the IMAP data.

I have read through some of the mail archives, and there was a discussion
about Cyrus Murder.  What I gathered from the thread, was that IMAP mailboxes
were not replicated due to network performance.

I'm not looking to do remote replication this way.  I have the servers with a
gigabit crossover directly connected.  Is setting up Kolab's imapd to use
Murder a possibility?  This would involve rebuilding the imapd package to
enable murder correct?  It's not in the default packages.  I see the options
in the config files commented out, but nothing in the obmtool.conf to build
for it.

There was mentions of other IMAP synchronization methods, but what I have
found on the internet doesn't seem to be the solution.  I just don't know
where to continue my research on this.

Any suggested paths?

Andy