[Kolab-devel] Kolab 2.1 Distribution list

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Tue Jan 10 19:05:24 CET 2006

Am Sonntag, 8. Januar 2006 17:49 schrieb gelpi at corona.it:
> > Am Samstag, 7. Januar 2006 11:36 schrieb gelpi at corona.it:
> > > 	I'm testing the 2.1 development December 15 snapshot.

> > > me to give an e-mail address for postamster, abuse and so on. I use
> > > support at example.it and soon after I create support at example.it.

> > What do this distribution lists contain?
>
> This is the table of distribution list.
>
> MAILER-DAEMON  	Pubblico  	Modifica  	Cancella
> abuse 		Pubblico 	Modifica 	Cancella
> hostmaster 	Pubblico 	Modifica 	Cancella
> postmaster 	Pubblico 	Modifica 	Cancella
> virusalert 	Pubblico	Modifica	Cancella
>
> List name MAILER-DAEMON has member support at example.it as all the others.

That is good.

> Is there a way to view what really there is in ldap? (sorry I don't know
> too much about it)

Sure. Connect as a user with enough rights (e.g. manager) and  use an ldap
browser, like gq. Be careful to bind to the right DN for the user, though.
Another quick and good method is to /kolab/sbin/slapcat
stuff.

> > The usual workflow would be to create a user and then enter this
> > user in the webinterface to create the distribution lists.
> > Of course the interface seems to suggest to the user to directly
> > enter these addresses so a bug seem to be lying in here..
>
> Yes I think so. I first enter the address and then I created the user.
>
> > > But if I send a mail to postmaster at example.it the mail goes to
>
> /dev/null
>
> > > as I can see from postfix log.
> > >

> > > The same is for all other address listed in /kolab/etc/postfix/aliases
> > >
> > > In /koloab/var/postfix/log/postfix.log I can read
> > >
> > > <info> postfix/local[14054]: 665FC3C99C: to=<root at example.it>,
> > > orig_to=<abuse at example.it>, relay=local, delay=0, status=sent
>
> (delivered
>
> > > to file: /dev/null)
> > >
> > > Note: Here is "local" component of postfix that operate.
> >
> > Strange.
> >
> > > If I send a mail to virusalert at example.it I got back an error
>
> message:
> > > <virusalert at example.it>: service unavailable. Command output:
>
> Failed to set
>
> > >      recipient: Invalid response code received from server, code 550
> > >
> > > Note that virusalert is not in /kolab/etc/postfix/aliases.
> > >
> > > Looking at the code it seems that the error come from
>
> kolabmailboxfilter
>
> > > when it calls LMTP.
> >
> > Code 550 means: The mailbox does not exist with Cyrus IMAPd.
> > So this might be because the distribution list were not created properly.
>
> Is ther a way to recreate this list? If I delete them all?
> I have tried to delete and the system ask me to recreate the list, but
> nothing changes.
>
> Can you send me some advice to debug the code for this problem?

For 550 check if cyrus know the users already.
You can look at the filesystem in /kolab/var/imapd/spool
or use cyradm. I think the wiki might have something about this.