[Kolab-devel] Suse kolabd patch

Richard Bos richard at radoeka.nl
Wed Jan 4 00:05:09 CET 2006

Op dinsdag 3 januari 2006 17:25, schreef Bernhard Reiter:
> >   Changed most of the users and groups to root, this is a known user
> >   and it takes care that kolab_bootstrap at least finishes.
>
> I am not sure if using "root" for all kolab* users is a good idea,
> it will has security implications and it will make Kolab Servers
> harder to maintain on different plattforms.
>
> Why not find a compatible way for suse to add the necessary users
> for "kolab" "kolab-r" and "kolab-n"?

as stated it is done to let kolab_bootstrap reach the end..., so at least
ldapsearch is doing something.  I just discovered that perl-kolab does checks
on the existance of kolab(-r/-n) users...  The thing is that I don't whether
these are needed at all.  Perhaps they can all be replaced by users that
already exist on the target platform (suse in my case), like www, ldap, etc?

It is very interesting to know, which files/apps should be owned by
kolab(-r/-n).  Can you say something about that??

--
Richard Bos
Without a home the journey is endless