[Kolab-devel] kolab ldapdistlist.cf bugs

Bernhard Reiter bernhard.reiter at intevation.de
Tue Jan 3 16:39:37 CET 2006

Am Freitag, 23. Dezember 2005 17:25 schrieb Fabio Pietrosanti:
> There is a ' " ' in /kolab/etc/postfix/ldapdistlist.cf that prevent
> distribution list from working.
>
> domain = @@@postfix-mydestination@@@"
>
> instead of just removing \", it seems to me that "domain" could be
> completelly removed.

See further discussion in issue1050,
AFAIK "domain" still is a nice saveguard.

> Definitelly it's possible to use distribution list as traditional email
> alias/forwarding:
> - DL accept direct email
> - DL are used by postfix as standard email aliases that are "resolved"
> trough the "virtual_maps" configuration line
>
> The problem i was facing was that DL could not be used to create "group
> email"/"forward email" or any other kind of terms we want to use because
> of this noisy bug!

> Martin, you said me in a previous email message:
>
> Yes. Actually we use the DLs like /etc/group. This means DLs are _not_
> mailing lists or aliases but DLs are used for stuff like authorization.
> E.g. you can use a DL to grant access to a folder via IMAP ACLs to a group
> of _local_ people.
>
> Perhaps there was a misunderstanding, because it seems that they could
> be used as "aliases/mailing lists" .

Yes this seems to be a missunderstanding,
I guess that Martin wanted to say that distribution lists
 are not bijectively equal. They can do more than just email aliases.

Does that mean that we can close issue1043 now?
If so, please do.

Bernhard