[Kolab-devel] kolab logo license

Thomas Arendsen Hein thomas at intevation.de
Tue Feb 14 11:16:36 CET 2006

* Harald Sitter <sitter.harald at gmail.com> [20060205 15:56]:
> On Monday 23 January 2006 10:47, Bernhard Reiter wrote:
> > Am Samstag, 21. Januar 2006 23:55 schrieb Harald Sitter:
> > > I'm currently working on some improvements of the Wikipedia article about
> > > Kolab. Among other things I'd like to show the Kolab logo, problem is
> > > that I have to provide license information and since Google doesn't know
> > > the logo's license I also don't know it ;-)
> > >
> > > So it would be really cool if you could tell me which license it's using.
> >
> > Thanks for asking and the interesting in Kolab.
> > I will have to discuss the licensing issue first.
> >
> > I am quite sure that you can use the logo on a fair use basis anyway
> > without permission, when discussing Kolab (the project which contains
> > concept, server implementation and KDE Client implementation).
>
> You already know a license, or do you think CC-Share-Alike-2.5 is ok?

I'll propose this license to the other Kolab Konsortium members. Of
course this only covers the logo image.

Trademark rules are independent from copyright and such they will
still apply, i.e. you can use the logo and derivate works only to
refer to Kolab server, clients, solutions, home page and such.

Would this meet your requirements?

Regards,
Thomas Arendsen Hein

Email: thomas at intevation.de