[Kolab-devel] Add additional tls settings for postfix client side

Richard Bos richard at radoeka.nl
Thu Feb 9 22:58:11 CET 2006

The following feedback was received from a suse users, who reviewed kolab on
suse:

> smtpd_starttls_timeout = 300s
> smtpd_timeout = 300s
> smtpd_tls_auth_only = yes
> smtpd_tls_cert_file = /etc/kolab/cert.pem
> smtpd_tls_key_file = /etc/kolab/key.pem
> smtpd_tls_loglevel = 1
> smtpd_tls_received_header = no
> smtpd_tls_session_cache_timeout = 3600s
> smtpd_use_tls = yes

These setting do work, though I would add the appropriate parameter for
the client side of Postfix:

smtp_use_tls = yes
smtp_tls_key_file = $smtpd_tls_key_file
smtp_tls_cert_file = $smtpd_tls_cert_file
smtp_tls_log_level = 1

Otherwise you will be able to receive with a TLS encrypted connection but
send without encryption.

I changed my config with these settings, smtp_tls is now working here.

Should the additional tls settings for postfix client side be added to the
main.cf template file?

--
Richard Bos
Without a home the journey is endless