[Kolab-devel] Configuration in PREFIX/etc/kolab/kolab-ssl.cnf ?

Martin Konold martin.konold at erfrakon.de
Mon Feb 6 07:44:14 CET 2006

Am Donnerstag, 26. Januar 2006 16:02 schrieb T. Ribbrock:

Hi,

> I'm just wondering about why you place the Kolab server on the inside -
> being the mail server, shouldn't it be located in the DMZ anyway?

Kolab can be configured in a rather secure manner by experiences
administrators but for ease of use and minimizing risks it is better to
simply place a smtp proxy in the DMZ instead.

Part of the issue is that the Kolab server is not only responsible for
transport but also for storage. Doing a sane backup from machines part of the
firewall is not trivial.

Regards,
-- martin

--