[Kolab-devel] [issue1546] sieve / kde kontact problems / bugs

Matthias Hezne kolab-issues at intevation.de
Sun Dec 31 01:14:00 CET 2006

New submission from Matthias Hezne <lists at mhcsoftware.de>:

i've some problems with sieve looks like some of them are bugs or i've not
understookd basic kolab concepts.

my setup: kolab 2.1 beta 3, kde kontact 1.2.3 with kmail 1.9.5

when a user is set up non of the sieve scripts is activated by default. this
may be considderd as a bug as the default delivery script looks like this:

require "fileinto";
if header :contains ["X-Kolab-Scheduling-Message"] ["FALSE"] {
fileinto "INBOX/Inbox";
}

so by default scheduling messages should not be delivered to the inbox IMHO.
correct me if i'm wrong. considdering this as correct deactivating
of "redirect" and "vacation" should automaticly activate default delivery
script. if i'm right then the redirect and vacation scritps also lack the
blocking of scheduling message delivery.

as non of the scripts is active by default activating sieve scripts with kde
contact fails. it only works if there is allready an active sieve script. i
think this is a kontact bug.

as i want (no, really need) custom sieve scripts they may break these logic
too. sieve scripts are disscussed allready here:
https://intevation.de/roundup/kolab/issue841 and i agree that a more general
solution is required.

activation of the vacation message does not work at all. it fails with
a "invalid URL" message.

messages: 9196
nosy: mahescho
priority: bug
status: unread
title: sieve / kde kontact problems / bugs