[Kolab-devel] [issue1397] Cannot use another distribution list in a distribution list

T. Ribbrock kolab-issues at intevation.de
Wed Aug 30 09:04:19 CEST 2006

New submission from T. Ribbrock <itsef-admin at itsef.com>:

Kolab 2.0.4:
I was just trying to create a distribution list "NEWLIST" that is a super-set of
an existing distribution list "OLDLIST". Rather than having to re-add all users
of "OLDLIST", I wanted to add that list itself to "NEWLIST". I tried this by
adding "OLDLIST at our.domain", just "OLDLIST" and even "group:OLDLIST". All three
versions gave error messages similar to this one:
"No user with email address, UID or alias OLDLIST at our.domain"

It would be nice if this was possible to do, as it saves a lot of work in case
of hierarchical distribution lists.

P.S.: I'm not sure whether this is already covered by issue630, as I'm not 100%
certain what was meant with "admin DLs".

messages: 8346
nosy: itsef_admin
priority: feature
status: unread
title: Cannot use another distribution list in a distribution list
topic: web admin