[Kolab-devel] using givenName and sn for administrator/maintainer ldap objects

Tobias Koenig tokoe at kde.org
Mon Aug 28 07:53:05 CEST 2006

On Fri, Aug 25, 2006 at 08:58:39PM +0200, Andreas Gungl wrote:
> Am Freitag, 25. August 2006 11:59 schrieb Tobias Koenig:

> Tobias,
Hi Andreas,

> Guess what happens in Kmail when looking up addresses. The address completion
> is seriously broken, offering things like "Andreas (gungl at domain)"
> and "(gungl at domain), Andreas". - Sorry, the exmaples are not completely
> correct, as I'm not in the office ATM. Use cases in KAddressbook aren't
> concerned.
Well, but the webadmin frontend uses a simple split to extract the given
name and sure name from the cn, so a python/ruby/perl script can do it
as well for all entries of type kolabInetOrgPerson which are part of the
admin or maintainers group.

I know that in a big institution using names as UIDs really sucks
because you have several 'Herbert Müller' for sure, for this reason
Kolab should switch to a name independend UID as soon as possible...

Ciao,
Tobias
--
Separate politics from religion and economy!
The Council of the European Union is an undemocratic and illegal institution!